Meeting Notes From February 19, 2017
Thanks for attending last night's meeting! Here are the notes for upcoming events, so please read all the way through, as this week will be VERY busy! Click here to sign up for any of the following events.
- Tuesday Feb 21st, Birthday Books Wrapping Party, Val's house (831 Thurston St.), 7pm
- We will be wrapping books for Birthday books, there will be food, feel free to come and go
- Thursday Feb 23rd, Help set up for Manhattan Public Library Booksale, Manhattan Public Library, 9am-noon
- This is a project that we help with every year, and they need lots of help! Hope you can make it!!
- Thursday Feb 23rd, Panda Express Fundraiser in the Union, 10am-2pm
- The Rotaract Club will recieve 10% of all sales that mention they are with Rotaract Club
- We also need volunteers to help hand out flyers at the union for this, so please sign up!
- Thursday Feb 23rd, International Hour with Rotaract Club in Sri Lanka, Union Room 209, 8:15pm-9pm
- Meenu has set up a skype session for us to talk to a Rotaract Club in Sri Lanka! You don't want to miss this!!
- Friday Feb 24th, Manhattan Public Library Book Sale, Manhattan Public Library, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- We have been asked to supply volunteers to help run the book sale
- Saturday Feb 25th, Manhattan Public Library Book Sale, Manhattan Public Library, 10am-2pm
- Same as the previous day
As always, we will provide rides to off campus events for volunteers! Hope to see you at all of these events!!
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Have a great week!
Meeting Notes From November 6, 2016
Hope everyone's Monday went well! Just a couple quick notes from your Rotaract family!
- Our guest speaker last night was Jeffrey Haaga. He talked about his sister city exchange to Omitama, Japan. If you have any questions that you didn't get to ask him, shoot him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to answer your questions.
- Upcoming events
- Nov 13 - 2-5pm: Green Apple Bikes Build. We will be helping Green Apple Bikes with one of their builds. This will be in partnership with both Rotary clubs in Manhattan. Sign up here!
- Nov 26 - Time TBD: Football Gameday Recycling. This is the last Football Fundraiser of the year. If you are interested in helping out, Please sign up here!
- Nov 27 - 6pm: November Social. We will be having a potluck, listening to Thanksgiving music, and wrapping books for the Birthday Books project. More details to come! Sign up for what you would like to bring! You are more than welcome to come even if you cant bring anything.
- Adopt-a-Family: We will be adopting a family this holiday season. If you are interested in helping, please shoot me a text at 913-850-1847. We need people to help with fundraising, buying gifts, and planning the holiday party (December 4th)
- Walk for Water: If you are interested in getting involved with Walk for Water, an event we are putting on to raise money for water access development around the world, or if you have questions, please contact Amber Craig at 402-490-1879
- Dues: If you would like to pay your dues online, please click here!
- Rotary International Convention, Atlanta, GA - If you are interested in going to the RI Convention in Atlanta this year from June 10-14, 2016, please shoot me a text at 913-850-1847. We will be doing a couple fundraisers and hoping to send everyone for little or no cost, but we need to know ASAP.
- RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) Washington D.C.- IF you are interested in going to this event from June 17th-22nd , please let us know by signing up here.
Have a wonderful rest of your week,
Ramin and Alex,
Meeting Notes From October 23, 2016
To start off our meeting we first had a pre-meeting with Green Apple Bikes and they are looking for our help over the coming year! Here are some different opportunities!
Board Member for Green Action Fund (GAF)- We are looking for an Event Coordinator, Advertising Head, and other jobs TBD. This will not be too much commitment. Contact Ana (email@example.com)
As a club, if we have enough interest, we can pick a day of the week to go around and round up bikes. Sign up here!
Bike Mechanic Team-
Green Apple Bikes is looking for volunteers to go to the GAB Garage downtown and repair bikes on their own schedule. You will be trained and have the support of local experts. Sign up here!
Building Bikes (one time obligation)-
Green Apple Bikes would like to work with Rotaract and build additional GAB's. We have approximately 100 new bikes yet to build. The builds occur downtown. Sign up here!
Hopefully you all will be able to attend our November Service Project with the Manhattan ReStore On Nov 5th from 2-5pm. We will be doing many things including organizing donations, loading purchased items and unloading newly donated items. Sign up here! https://goo.gl/forms/UFIIni3H2wsTb3Jx2
We will have Football Recycling this November 5th (time TBA). Come and help us if you can. Sign up here
Linear Trail Clean-Up (Oct 29, 9am-11am)
We are partnering with the Manhattan Konza Rotary Club with their trail clean up project this Saturday! There have been rumors of Free Donuts! Bring family, friends, potential members or anyone who wants to give back to the community. We will meet at trail entrance behind Paradise Donuts on the west side of town at 9am and it goes to 11am! Hope to see you all there!
If interested in Walk for Water 2017 please contact Amber at firstname.lastname@example.org! We need people to volunteer for the different committees dealing with this event, this is a great opportunity to become involved.
If you have a t-shirt design for the club send it to RotaractKSU@gmail.com and your design could be used for this year's t-shirt!
If you are interested in going to Rotary International convention (in Atlanta GA June 10th-14th 2017) or RYLA (The Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) Conference from June 17th-22nd 2017 this year check out this awesome site! http://www.riconvention.org/ And you can sign up for them at these locations! Rotary Internation- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScjQmB5scdw_g0BYkIRZl2z32m9oQSXTCLHy96vpPOZXz1NlA/viewform andRYLA- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfBCiDRDzGU8D3sLniHnspoAIUMbzVLeDxBvka0zIbkJKw9QQ/viewform Sign up soon! The Deadline is the 15th of November!
Please remember if you want to go on these life changing trips we will need to start fundraising for them soon!
To end our meeting we had two guest speakers from International Service Teams come and talk to us about Sustainable Service and how to tell if a service trip abroad has sustainable service or not. If you would like more information email email@example.com
Remember to pay dues! Go here to pay them online http://www.ksurotaract.com/
Do not forget about our next meeting on the 6th of November at 6pm! Bring yourself and a friend!
Meeting notes from September 25, 2016
- Membership Requirements for the club were voted on and are as follows:
- Attend one club meeting
- Attend a club sponsored service project
- Attend a club fundraiser
- Pay annual club dues (only $15)
- Meet with one of the club presidents
- The program for the meeting: Syrian Refugee Crisis
- For this program we watched a TED Talk dealing with this subject by Melissa Fleming
- Volunteers are still needed for the following:
- Sept 28, 7p Birthday Books wrapping party Contact Val:308-850-2034
- Oct 5, 5-8p Konza Rotary Club Social Click here for more details!
- Oct 8th 10p Football recycling after the game Click here to sign up!
- Oct 10, 1-4p Flint Hills Breadbasket Click here to sign up
- Nov 5, 2-4p Habitat for humanity Sign up TBA
- Planning an event in the Spring called Walk for Water, if interested in helping or want more information contact Amber firstname.lastname@example.org or Text: 402-490-1879
- We have three different ideas and opportunities for our next international trip. More details to come
- Peru in June 2017 with the Peace Corp
- Paraguay in summer 2018 with Kamba Kua Outreach
- Burma summer 2018 with a Burma Rotary Club
- Add the Rotaract calendar to your phone, or another device. Click here!
- The next meeting will be a social held on October 9th at a local pumpkin patch. Details to come!
Meeting Notes from August 28, 2016
Thank you so much to everyone who made it to the meeting on Sunday, in my opinion, it was a huge success!
After every meeting we always send out meeting notes. These will include info about the next meeting, and also have sign-ups for projects, and other important info!
- Free Pizza!!
- Ice Breaker - Handshake game
- Officer introductions
- What is Rotary?
- What is KSU Rotaract?
- Dues for the year are only $15 and include your membership, a t-shirt, and a membership pin.
- We are having a contest to design the logo for this year's shirt, so bring your submissions to the next meeting!
- Social Media! - Follow us!!
- Next meeting: September 11, 6pm, Union 227
Hope to see you at the next meeting, and let me know if you have any questions!